Re: Removing Lettering from Intermountain HO Freight Cars

golden1014

Greg,

I tried the alcohol treatment last night and it worked. As I
suspected, however, the alcohol softened up the paint around the
lettering and a little of that came off too. Now I have a yellow car
with some light gray streaks. After a little decal and weathering I
think everything will come out just right.

Thanks,
John

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

--- In STMFC@..., tgregmrtn@... wrote:

John,
You might consider Denatured Alcohol as an alternative to an
eraser. I have used it in the past with better than avarage results
and you can buy it in quarts at your local hardware store.? Appley
it let is set and it should remove the lettering.

Greg Martin

--- In STMFC@..., John Golden <golden1014@> wrote:

Gentlemen,

I'd like to re-letter my HO Intermountain FGE reefers.
Can anyone recommend the best way to remove the
factory-applied lettering so I can decal my way to
happiness?

Thanks,
John

John Golden