Re: REPKD.Repacking Stm. era freight car trucks.

aslt28 <karig@...>

Dan,

I realized that I hadn't finished answering your question.

If the repacking interval was expiring while the car was on a foreign
road, the foreign road would repack the journal bearings for which it
would be reimbursed based upon a standard rate established in the Code
of Rules for Interchange...

This is one of those often overlooked details in modeling. If you're
modeling a particular year, then the repacking information should fall
within the appropriate repair interval. The same principles apply to
reweigh information.

Bob Karig