Re: ATSF Waycar #2166

leakinmywaders

BTW, the NP was a rigidly-left-hand-ladder western road.

But I doubt they ever copped to catching that affectation from the
Pennsy....

(oops!) ... ?

Chris Frissell
Polson,MT

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
wrote:

Surely you jest! The left hand side is the correct side <G>. See:
http://avenue.org/nrhs/PRR477768med.JPG
.... A quick look
through my Car Builders' Cyclopedias establishes that the location of
caboose ladders was not regulated by the ICC or AAR and that ladders on
the right of center were much more common than ladders on the left, and
seem to have been almost universal on the larger western RRs (Santa Fe,
Southern Pacific, and Union Pacific). Conclusion: you failed the
test.