From: Paul Hillman<mailto:chris_hillman@msn.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Vertical Staff Brake Roof Railing (was 1894 Stock Car)

I still haven't seen any other photos, etc., of any other cars with these type handrails, but in the Feb.1959 MR NYC&HR Stockcar article by Don
Reschenberg, these railings are on both sides of the roof-walk, not just around the vertical brake-shaft.

I would guess that these greatly aided the brakeman in leaping from car to car also. If I'd been such a brakeman I would have probably liked them a lot.

There is no brake-platform on the end of the car either.

Paul Hillman