Re: Oxygen & Acetylene

Jason Greene <steamlocomotive290@...>

I would be careful, my uncle worked for Southern/NS on the RIP track and he noted that NS had gone to MAP gas. While this is not the time you speak of, I know that Oxy-Acetylene is not always the choice for cutting in all locations. Check pictures of yards in the area that you are modeling. You may not beable to gather what gases were being used but you can for sure figure out sizes and ratios for numbers of bottles.

In our shop all the bottles themselves are gray and the screw on caps are color coded. We use Oxy-Acetylene for cutting but we also have natural gas pipped in that is used in the forge and the rosebud for heating large surfaces.

Jason Greene
Steele, AL