Re: TOFC

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Joel Norman wrote:
"GENTLEMAN: For our modeling time frame (my own railroad is set in
Maine 1960) which of the ready to run (bad hands and weak eyes)in HO
would be the best 50 ft (or 60 ft) flat car for TOFC use..."

Based on your constraints (RTR, 50 or 60 ft car), NONE.

Athearn did offer a RTR release of their 85 ft Trailer Train TOFC flat
in late 2006 (ATH 7422x series) in the early Trailer Train paint
scheme which fits your 1960 era. Modeling other TOFC prototypes for
that era will require building and modifying kits.

Ben Hom