Re: Cranberries

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Roger Hinman wrote:
The bulk of the New England cranberry bogs are in former New Haven territory which was a FGE member; FGE had a fairly large pool of cars to draw on; I'm not aware of FGE contracts with either PFE, SFRD; that's a question for Bill Welch
Roger, both the PFE retired managers I interviewed mentioned that FGE had an "agreement" with PFE to share cars when practical. What that may have meant in specific cases, I don't know. At the very least, I'm sure it meant that peak harvest seasons for each donor company were excluded.

Publishers of books on railroad history