Cranberries-Proof of the cranberries is in the eatin'

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Using the theory that the proof of the puddin' is in the eatin' I decided to take a look at the consists of PFE, SFRD and FGE reefers in about 17 WESTBOUND UP trains passing between Laramie and Green River, WY between March 16, 1949 and April 22, 1949. As the results show, by far the most common consist was air...MT. I don't know if anyone would be surprised to see spds..potatoes...traveling west but 3 cars had them. Also...cabbage? I'm assuming gware is glass ware but I have no idea what mchy is. Anyhow, yes, this is a very small sample. The frt trains analyzed are only those that conductor Fraley rode and on a given day UP ran about 20 westbound frt trains. Fraley seems to have worked west early in the day and back east later that day. He then took off the next day. So, the data probably represents one in about 40 trains. Not a cranberry in sight.

PFE
syrup-1
gware-4
mdse-10