Re: What Roads Had This Car?

Rod Miller

Photos of my "mystery cars" have been posted in the Files area under
the folder "What Roads Had These Cars". There is a sub-folder for each
car.

Some of the links yahoogroups automatically posted to announce the
new files won't work because I put the wrong photos in one folder
and fixed it, and then made a typo in another folder name and fixed
it. Your best best is to browse the folders manually to find the
photos for which the link doesn't work. The folder names are pretty
self-descriptive.

The tank car folder includes two "acid dome" versions that are
painted and are waiting for weathering.

Hopefully the collective expertise of this group will be able to
identify appropriate paint schemes for the unpainted cars. For that
I thank all of you very much.

Rod

Anthony Thompson wrote:

Brian J Carlson wrote:

The assumption so far is that this car has a prototype. Until a picture is posted submitting potential roads is premature. How do we know that it isn't a brass version of a "generic" 50' boxcar. The car is older and prototype fidelity wasn't as critical back then.
You're absolutely right, Brian, but I think the goal was to find out if there are reasonably close prototypes, even if no exact match. But: as we've been discussing, there may not even be any, if the wood running board is retained.
Publishers of books on railroad history