Re: Reporting marks - Transit Co., Ltd.

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

Frank--

You are right about TCLX, IOX, and CSGX. I don't know about COBX--
yours is a good guess. SUPX stood for Supertest. BMMX was suposedly
for Imperial Oil's (Esso) tar products. Which leaves us wondering
about those PRPX marks.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., destron@... wrote:

The January 1953 ORER lists the following reporting marks as
belonging to
Transit Co., Ltd. : TCLX, BMMX, COBX, CSGX, IOX, PRPX and SUPX.

I am curious as to the origins of these marks. I'm fairly confident
that
TCLX is "Transit Co. Ltd", IOX is certainly "Imperial Oil", COBX is
probably from Champlain Oil, and CSGX from Cities Service. But,
where are
BMMX, PRPX and SUPX from?

Does anyone know?

Thanks.