Re: Paint shelf life?

Douglas Harding <dharding@...>

Brian, in short, Yes. Badger offers a guarantee on their paint. Contact them
and they will replace the paint. I did this recently after discovering a
number of new bottles, and some open ones, that were just as you describe,
including one with a really bad odor. Badger was very cordial, all I had to
do was send them a list of the paint colors that were bad and they replaced
them.

I have been using Accuflex and later ModelFlex since it first came out.
Requires different airbrush techniques, but I have not had problems with
paint quality until this last year. I attritubted the problem to a couple of
recent moves when my paint was in storage for a length of time.

I have learned when using ModelFlex that I want a supply of hot water handy
for cleaning the airbrush or removing a bad paint job immediately, ie paint
next to the laundry tub if possible. Also have a bottle of Windex/window
cleaner, use it for a final cleaning of the airbrush. The ammonia in the
window cleaner cuts the paint when the hot water doesn't. If you begin
cleaning within 5 minutes you can usually remove the paint with no trouble
(provided you have not set the paint with the hair dryer).

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:19 AM