From: jerryglow2
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:54 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Rock Island Decals for Steel Rebuild of USRA DS Boxcar

That's good news. They generally sell decals for current items.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., shile@... wrote:

> Jerry, Matt,
>
> Sunshine has recently re-released the RI USRA rebuilds. They had
them for sale at Naperville.

> Perhaps Sunshine will sell just the decals. Otherwise, several of
the RI boxcar decal sets from Champ will provide the Route of the
Rockets slogan. The large logo (herald) is too small in the basic
sets, but they sell a separate 36 inch herald as well.

> Shameless plug: I do sell the correct size boxcar heralds (and
also a size for cabooses) in my RI decals. Please contact me off
list for a list of decals.

> Regards,
>
> Steve Hile

DS Boxcar

> >How do you plan to build the car? I built a SLSF one from Tichy
sides
> >and ends with a scratchbuilt roof but the RI one is taller and
even
> >though I could make modified ends, don't know what to do for the
sides.
> >I made the one I have from a long discontinued Sunshine kit.
> >http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/SLSF_rebuilt.html
> >http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/RI_rebuild.html
> >
> >Jerry Glow
> >
> >--- In STMFC@..., "matthewjstrickland"
> ><matthewjstrickland@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Guys,
> >>
> >> I am after some HO Decals for Rock Island Steel Rebuild USRA
Double