Re: Harold K. Vollrath

Jack Burgess

I've long used a high-end professional lab for developing slide film, B/W
printing, etc. When I recently took some original negs in to have them make
prints, I discovered that they had gotten rid of all of the traditional
photography equipment...chemicals, trays, enlarger, etc. Now, if you want a
print from a negative, they scan the neg and make prints from the scans. In
fact, if you just want scans on a CD, it is cheaper to order prints and ask
for the scans to also be written to a CD for an extra nominal charge...

Jack Burgess
www.yosemitevalleyrr.com