photo prints

ed_mines

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Burgess" <jack@...> wrote:

I've long used a high-end professional lab for developing slide
film, B/W
printing, etc. When I recently took some original negs in to have
them make
prints, I discovered that they had gotten rid of all of the
traditional
photography equipment...chemicals, trays, enlarger, etc. Now, if
you want a
print from a negative, they scan the neg and make prints from the
scans. In
fact, if you just want scans on a CD, it is cheaper to order prints
and ask
for the scans to also be written to a CD for an extra nominal
charge...

Easy enough for a professional lab but the man making up prints one
at a time is faced with buying expensive equipment which he has to
learn to use or having the prints made by a professional. Vollrath
has been maing up prints for 60 years.

Ed