I want to die in my sleep like
my grandfather did, not screaming
like the other people in his car.

On Jan 17, 2008, at 7:50 PM, SUVCWORR@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 1/17/2008 12:10:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mikado2206@hotmail.com writes:

In your post from a month ago, Mark you mentioned C&BT kits 10'-6" IH,
12-pnl boxcar. Looking at Walthers "Reference" book, I see 3 different kit
numbers listed (193-13500, -10500, -11300) . . . it was my understanding most of
C&BT's later efforts are more like "Blue-Box" wanna-be's. The question is are
any of the kit number above the older style kit with separate ladders,
grabs, etc? All I really want is the body shell/s.

NO.

C&BT on the advice of several well known modelers changed from separate
grabs, ladders etc. to molded on parts by recuting the dies. Once the ladders,
grabs etc, were cut into the dies,
Wrong. you can fill any cavities that you do not want. If Brass molds you use soldier. If steel you can weld. Then you can re-cut the area as you want it. In My machine shop experience I have saves several dies and molds that way.
Some times you make a mistake and you cut the area out weld or soldier a new block in the hole and start cutting again. Easy to fix mistakes or change things.
there was no going back without making all
new dies. All boxcars produced since that fateful time, have the details
molded on.

Rich Orr

Yahoo! Groups Links