From: "Bob Karig" <karig@sprintmail.com>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:27 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] WFE eaves question

The answer to your question can be found in an ORER. That definition
reads:

"DIMENSIONS--OUTSIDE--HEIGHT FROM RAIL--TO EAVES OR TOP OF SIDES OR
PLATFORM" "...For Box, Refrigerator, Stock type of car, measurement
should
be taken from rail to top of eaves at side of car, except that where cars
are equipped with latitudinal running board measurement should be taken
from rail to top of latitudinal running board at side of car..."

In the accompanying diagram (Fig. 1), it shows the measurement being taken
to the top of the roof line at the side of the car, or, if the car has a
lateral running board, to the top of the running board.

There are some exceptions in cases where vertical type Z-bar side plates
are used, in which case there would be upper eaves and lower eaves, but
I'm
not sure that it applies in your case.

Bob

At 08:24 PM 1/19/2008, you wrote:
Hi, bit of a stupid question here...

I was searching for carbody heights on WFE series 67XXX wood reefers
and I came across the FGE WFE handout. In it there was mention of the
eaves being 12'-8" above the rail. I am not sure what the deffintion of
the eaves is on cars of this construction. Is it the upper most
projection, ie the roof, or is it the little fascia that runs
underneath. Like I said, a stupid question but that is what I am best
at. Thank you in advance.

Andrew Hutchinson

Yahoo! Groups Links