ATSF Ft L, N

Andy Cich <ajc5150@...>

I have a pair of Sunshine cars to build, one with 46'1" bulkheads, and the
other with 48'6" bulkheads. I am trying to figure out how to finish the
inside facing boards on the bulkheads. Are they painted freight car color,
or should they be finished as one would finish a flat car deck? In the
Sunshine prototype data sheet, car 92065 (w/48'6" bulkheads) is shown and
the boards on the bulkheads seem to match the deck more than the car body
color. Also, it doesn't appear to me to have any lettering on the inside
boards. However, car 92069 (also with 48'6" bulkheads) is shown with the
"Return to..." lettering on the bulkheads. I would expect lettering on
painted boards, but not on unpainted treated lumber. Would white stencils
be applied to an unpainted deck? Can anyone enlighten me as to how these
bulkhead boards appeared?

I plan to finish my cars as they appeared in Sep/Oct 1953, if that matters.

Thanks,

Andy Cich