Re: How to fix this?

jerryglow2

Detail Associates and Tichy/CMA have quite a variety of steps. If you
can't find a match, you may have to solder some up using some DA flat
wire. I remember doing so when redatailing some more modern covered
hoppers and made a couple simple jigs including one I could put the
legs of the steps into and another hole for the brace that extended
from the end sill to the outer leg of the step.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "Schuyler Larrabee"
<schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

I have a very nice MILW covered hopper by Atlas. One of the corner
steps got snagged on something
and has been broken. Suggestions on how to fix or replace it (and
the rest of the four, if
necessary)?

SGL
La vita e breve, mangiate prima il dolce!