Re: Bronx freight houses

Vincent Lee

Alan Monk wrote:

"Ah.. just answered my own question... plate 009
(http://www.historicmapworks.com/Sections/Maps/viewPlateUS-777.htm)
shows it as the Lehigh Valley's Bronx Terminal.

Can anyone point me in the direction of references for this please,
either print or online??"

There was a very thorough article on this yard by David Pearce & Ralph Heiss in the Rail Marine group's magazine " Transfer", Number 42.

The yard just north of this LV yard is the Erie RR's Harlem Station.

Vince Lee

Modeling the Erie Wyoming Division in Pennsylvania and
the Erie 28th Street Terminal in New York City
Please visit my website for eastern and western railfanning photos:
http://www.eastwestrails.com/

Be a better friend, newshound, and