Re: Tichy Georgia SS rebuild

gd3006

There is another surviving car in East Point, original number not known.
It has been sprayed brown and given L&N reporting marks -for some
strange reason- but but was silver/black upon its arrival in that
location, so I am told. The roof on this car is a welded lap seam.
The are 11 laps 6" in width, centered above the original carlines,
for a total of 12 panels. Panel width varies somewhat, as the carline
spacing is not uniform. The laps are at a higher level than the balance
of the roof, so cementing strips to the model's roof would be more
effective than trying to simulate weld beads.
I've driven by Midsouth Supply, but never noticed those cars. I'll have
to pay attention next time...
Graham Dean