Re: rivets

Richard Townsend

I have no analysis to back it up, but I have always thought that in the smaller scales (HO and smaller) texture (including rivets) might need to be a little oversized since light and atmosphere don't scale down.? So a truly scale rivet might be close to invisible (although we've just read that this is not so....) given the effects of "full size" light.? On structures it seems that scale nails would be invisible, as would scale stucco texture.? I'm thinking here of slightly oversized, not the 6-inch rivets we've seen on some plastic freight cars manufactured in the late steam era.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

More new features than ever. Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! - http://webmail.aim.com