Re: SAL 36500-36699 hoppers

Ian Cranstone

I had a quick look through my ORERs, and this particular series seems to have appeared between the July 1935 and July 1937 issues.

Ian Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada
lamontc@...
http://freightcars.nakina.net
http://siberians.nakina.net

On 5-Feb-08, at 4:25 PM, John Golden wrote:

I'm just guessing here (a dangerous thing to do on this list) but
the cars in question may have come from the Georgia, Florida &
Alabama RR merger in 1927. If anyone has access to complete SAL
roster info by year, check if the cars were added between 1926 and
1928.

John Golden
Bloomington, IN

--- In STMFC@..., "Denis F. Blake" <dblake7@...> wrote:

The answer to this is yes. It was not until later in the 50's
that these
cars were off the roster and their numbers taken over by woodchip
cars.
Now, as a side note, that being said, these cars were rebuilt into
wet rock
phosphate cars toward the end of their lives.

Also, as Ben stated, the SAL was not allocated any cars. These
were
purchased 2nd hand by the Seaboard.

DB

Date: 2/5/2008