Re: 1937 box cars questions

Jeff English

ljack70117@... wrote:

Sorry you mis read my post. If I remember the way they assembled was a
round rod on the back od the side frame snapped in to the bolster like the
Intermountain trucks. I said nothing about spring plank but was referring
to the assembly Thank you Larry Jackman
Sorry for misinterpreting what you said. While this type of
assembly makes sense for model construction, I've never evaluated
whether the assembly has low enough stiffness to allow effective
equalization. My conclusion is that equalization is not necessary
for freight car trucks in P:64 but may be helpful. It seems,
however, to be necessary for 8-ft wheelbase trucks typical of 1st-
generation Diesel locomotives.

Jeff English Troy, New York
Proto:64 Classic Era Railroad Modeling
englij@...