Re: Convincing Model Freight Train Length

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

One technique that seems to work fairly well is to make a frt train longer
than the scenes it will roll through. Thus, if the scene will hold an engine
and 20 cars, a 30 car train works pretty well because after the engine is
gone from view we still see cars emerging from the other side of the
scene...giving one the impression that we see in person. Illusion is, after
all, what we're doing. Unfortunately, making trains longer than scenes tends
to make them longer than passing sidings. Oh well...

Mike Brock