Re: Information On Kalso Shops Kit

W.R.Dixon

Rob Kirkham wrote:
Hi Frank,
Mine went together very easily. I've built a Sylvan version, Kaslo version and a Funaro and Camerlengo version. To be frank, now that they are built, I can't tell which is which any more!
If you develop any specific questions fire away. I was just finishing these around Christmas. The one trick is if you want K brakes instead of AB - in which case you will be where I am - still trying to figure it out!
Not that big a deal for a quick and dirty job. Start with a Tichy 3005 KC brake set.

Drop the Air Reservoir and triple valve. Do not install the unneeded piping. Replace the A/B brake cylinder with the Tichy KC. This will require a minor change to the piping.

Brake rigging can stay the same.

You will need to replace Brake wheel with a vertical Staff. The Tichy set has what you need.

There is probably more to it than that but it will do as a stand-in.

Bill Dixon