From: "W.R.Dixon" <WRDixon@telus.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Information On Kalso Shops Kit

Rob Kirkham wrote:
Hi Frank,

Mine went together very easily. I've built a Sylvan version, Kaslo version
and a Funaro and Camerlengo version. To be frank, now that they are built,
I can't tell which is which any more!

If you develop any specific questions fire away. I was just finishing these
around Christmas. The one trick is if you want K brakes instead of AB - in
which case you will be where I am - still trying to figure it out!
Not that big a deal for a quick and dirty job. Start with a Tichy 3005
KC brake set.

Drop the Air Reservoir and triple valve. Do not install the unneeded
piping. Replace the A/B brake cylinder with the Tichy KC. This will
require a minor change to the piping.

Brake rigging can stay the same.

You will need to replace Brake wheel with a vertical Staff. The Tichy
set has what you need.

There is probably more to it than that but it will do as a stand-in.

Bill Dixon