From: Samuel James Ogden, Jr. <sjogden@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:55 am
Subject: [STMFC] Re: more movies

--- In STMFC@..., timboconnor@... wrote:

Here's another movie to warm the hearts of steam era freight car
fans... "The Ladykillers". Ok, the freight cars are British, but
trains
play an important part in this movie and there are some interesting
cargo ideas too.

Tim O'
I personally like some of the scenes in "This Property is Condemned"--
lots of early sixties 40' boxcars in Mississippi where it was filmed on
location. It's not as bad as the 50' PS1's in "Bound for Glory" which
is supposedly set in the early 1930s.

IMHO Robert Redford and Natalie Wood are just in the way... gimme more
freight cars. It has been a while since Turner Classic or The Movie
Channel has run this one.

Jim Ogden
Fort Worth, Texas