From: Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 8:46 am
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Do Not Hump Signs

I am sure there were plenty of claims settled because crews didn't read the placards or the special instructions.
Greg Martin

=========

But in a well designed hump yard with computer controlled retarders, there was a greater chance of a claim from flat switching. In older yards with manual retarder control there was a much greater chance of a high speed impact.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478