From: Aley, Jeff A <Jeff.A.Aley@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 5:26 pm
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Perishable LCL?

Larry,

Thanks for the insight. Wow, that means that the wholesale
grocer must get a LOT of cars since fruits and vegetables are
perishable. If we assume that green vegetables can last up to a week at
the warehouse, then each week, you have to have one carload of each kind
of vegetable: a car of lettuce, a car of bananas, a car of spinach, a
car of cantaloupes, a car of strawberries, a car of celery, a car of
broccoli, etc, etc...

No wonder people ate so many canned vegetables back then!

Regards,

-Jeff