Re: Perishable LCL?

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Posted by: "Jon Miller" > I'm willing to extend my question to include George's question about meat. I see no need to be quite so restrictive on the topic.<

I don't think meat is defined as a perishable. But then I guess it
would depend on the temperature and for how long<G>!

The NYC freight scheduels referred to perishables. Meat and produce were the most common perishables. Dairy products moving in freight service would also have counted.

The blocking of the two Chicago-New York trains referred to "syracuse and east perishables. East from Syracuse on one of those trains one of the ten blocks was "33rd St. meat".

Later there were two blocks from Blue Island
1. Perishable reice at Wayneport
2. Other Syracuse and east. (which included non reicer perishables)

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478