----- Original Message -----
From: Dennis Storzek
As far as I know, all the land based vehicles used by the US in WWII
were gasoline powered; jeeps were, I believe the classic "6x6" truck
was, and even Sherman tanks were powered by air cooled radial aircraft
style engines. The local owner of a Stearman trainer claims that his
replacement engine came with the mounting studs for mounting in a tank
installed in the block; they were exactly the same engine.