Al

From: Tony Thompson <thompsonmarytony@...>
Thanks for the insite. By 1928 the standard AAR auto-boxes had
changed the clearance envelop and auto-boxes were starting to get
bigger . . . but the smaller ones would still be around.
You mean, of course, the ARA, since the AAR came along in 1934;
and there really wasn't a "standard" ARA automobile car that I know of.
The AAR adopted such a standard in 1942.

Publishers of books on railroad history