Re: tools for building freight cars sorta of close to topic

Richard Dermody <ddermody@...>

Jon,

I don't believe such a beast exists. To my knowledge, the Philips spec defines the head only, while the thread can be US or metric, so what you really need is the Phillips size that fits the head on the screws you're using. McMaster-Carr lists both sets and individual drivers down to #000 size.

Dick

On Feb 21, 2008, at 12:46 PM, Jon Miller wrote:

I keep trying to find metric phillips screwdrivers in the 1mm and 2mm
range. Typical screws used in our freight cars. Have done all the
searching and only place I ever got one was a order to NZ and it came from
Germany.
Help!

Jon Miller
AT&SF