From: boyds1949 <E27ca@earthlink.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:47 am
Subject: [STMFC] Tank Car Unloading-LPG

I was looking at a recent model railroad publication on building a
propane dealership and it said that the liquid propane was unloaded by
pumping air in the tank car to force the liquid propane out. Is that
correct? I would think that forcing air in a propane tank car would be
creating the perfect mix for a violent explosion. It would make sense
to pump propane gas into the tank. Does anyone know what they really
did?

John King