Mystery Gons

Douglas Harding <dharding@...>

I need some help identifying some 1920's vintage freight cars. I have
created a new photo album, labeled "mystery gons", and loaded two photos.
They are of a wreak on a trestle near London Mills, Ill. Taken sometime in
the 20's it is believed. It is believed the wreak was on the Fulton Co
Narrow Gauge line, after the CB&Q standard guaged the track. They had a
crossing over the Spoon River just north of London Mills, which had a long
trestle. The first photo shows what appears to be a steel sided drop bottom
gon, with a flat steel end with two vertical supports. The second photo
shows the steel side of a car with numerous steel supports and a letter O or
Q on the side. I think it is a gon, but can't really tell. Any help would be
appreicated.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org

Checked by AVG Free Edition.