Re: SFRD Fan-Equipped Rr-30 RH Side Lettering

John Hile <john66h@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
wrote:
The delay is not a problem, Richard...I appreciate the tenacity!

I appreciate the info too, as this confirms for me I can model one of
the cars with original mechanical fans.

I am a little confused by the 11/43 electric fan install date though.
Prior to your response, I started digging into the ATSF Reefer Book,
the PFE book, and the Carbuilder's Cyclopedias to try and establish a
time-frame for electric fans.

Looking at PFE rebuilds and new cars, I did not find any references to
electric fans being installed prior to the early 1950's. The earliest
Santa Fe experiment with electric fans appears to date 1950, and the
1953 Carbuilders Cyc is the first time I see an ad for electric fans.

Thanks,
-John Hile