From: Richard Hendrickson
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: NP 30603

On Feb 29, 2008, at 4:13 PM, Gene Green wrote:

> Richard or anyone else,
> I have a couple more questions about this car.
>
> The 1950 ORER has a number series 30000-30988. This would include
> the 30600 series so apparently two or more groups of same or similar
> cars were grouped together.

Gene, my post on this subject contained a typo which is the source of
your confusion. The original number series of the 1923 1-1/2 door cars
was 6000-6999, so there were a thousand cars in the series. When
rebuilt with single doors in the 1930s, they were renumbered
30000-30988, and in 1/45 970 of those cars were still active.

Richard Hendrickson