Re: SLSF 6000 end photo - what are these?

Michael Aufderheide

Dean,

Thanks for the site. Many interesting photos. I found the rest of this car here:

http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/frisco/friscoline/images/photos/p01760.jpg

It is an "impact demonstration car." Maybe it is a power connection for lights or equipment?

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide

Dean Payne <1payne1@windstream.net> wrote:
I found the following photo of a Frisco car with some things on the
end that I just can't identify:

http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/frisco/friscoline/images/photos/p01756.jpg

There is a device of some sort right under the running board, but this
is the A end, so it doesn't appear to be brake related.
Also, the right side appears to have something riveted onto the side
to the right of the tack board. Any idea what these are?
There are also other interesting photos of freight cars, etc., here:

http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/frisco/friscoline/rolling.cfm

Dean Payne