New Atlas Model: 1932 ARA Boxcar, HO Scale

ed_mines

--- In STMFC@..., "benjaminfrank_hom" <b.hom@...> asked:
What's your point?

The car could have been something more useful to us. Looking at the
picture of the CCR car on the Atlas web site I don't think it will be a
big success for Atlas with a $30 price tag.

I'm disappointed that the car is apparently is not built from sectional
construction and only offered RTR. That could have given several
different roofs....

How much assembly is the manufacturer doing on this car? It looks like
the ladders are separate parts but it not a Kadee quality model.
Look at those side grabs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they chose this prototype because of Ted's
book.

I don't have many Atlas cars but I thought the 2 bay offset hppers were
nice.

Ed