Re: Kadee #58 couplers

Tom Wencl <tom.wencl@...>

My standard is Kadee #58's. I also neuter them of their glad hands
since I do not use magnetic uncoupling. An added benefit of neutering
is the effort to uncouple with a skewer is even easier since the
knuckles are free of the resistance of moving the gladhands
along for the ride as well.

I proved this while operating at a friends house and finding it
slightly more difficult to uncouple. I realized it had to be the glad
hands on his equipment requiring more effort while twisting the skewer.

By the way, instead of barbeque skewers, I actually use
an 8 inch length of 3/16" diameter wood dowel with one end sharpened
in a pencil sharpener and deburred with some sandpaper.

Tom Wencl
Lemont, IL