Re: Decals for 70-Ton Convertible Ballast Cars

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

Not to fear--if you are looking for decals of Canadian cars and
locos, Black Cat Publishing of Winnnipeg produces many excellent sets
in several scales. And they are an improvement yet on the C-D-S
stuff.

If you've a specific want, write to the owner, Al Ferguson, at

ajfergus@...

Or check out Pierre Oliver's review (which I concur with) in April
RMC.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., "benjaminfrank_hom" <b.hom@...> wrote:

Jim Young wrote:
"I believe CDS [out of Canada] is no longer in business except for
in
stock only [maybe]"

Posted at TMR Distributing's website (Terry Link):
August 18th, 2005 - CDS announced that after 40 years of producing
dry
transfers, they intend to retire from the business. They plan to
sell
off inventory and may reprint high demand sets as needed over the
next
year or so.

DO NOT PANIC - THERE IS A PLAN IN THE WORKS TO CONTINUE PRODUCING
THESE DRY TRANSFERS ONCE CDS DECIDES TO RETIRE COMPLETELY.

Ben Hom