Decal dilemma with Cu. Capy.

Dean Payne

My RIP track has been a busy place lately, fixing wheelsets and
couplers, correcting some decal errors... which brings me to my
latest dilemma. I have a kitbashed Westerfield H21 hopper that I
lettered for the W&LE with the Champ decal set, using their generic
hopper data. I have since found the proper cubic capy info, which
does not match the decal I used. When I tried using decal solvent, I
realized that it wasn't working because I sprayed a clear coat on top
of it by accident! So, my options are:
1. Strip the whole thing, repaint, re-decal. (Least desirable route,
I have a lot of time in the other decals on the car.)
2. Strip the paint off the top of the decal in question, re-paint and
re-decal the one panel. Any paint variation on a single panel will
be not noticeable, or at least acceptable on a black hopper. Can I
strip one panel without messing up the others? I use Polly-Scale
paints, so alcohol or Pine-Sol are my preferred strippers.
3. Attempt to scrape the decal off with a sharp chisel, perhaps the
Champ decals are thick enough to do that??
4. Spray black on some decal paper to cover up the old Cu. Capy.,
then decal over the top of that, hoping that the combined thickness
of 3 layers of Champ decals isn't obvious.
5. Forget about it, who really pays attention to cu. capy?

Dean Payne