Re: AC&F type 19 tank cars?

Bruce Smith

On Apr 4, 2008, at 6:17 AM, Bruce Smith wrote:

Maybe I'm being forgetful, but was there an AC&F tank car type
intermediate between the type 17 and the type 21? (e.g. a "type 19")
<snip>
It would appear that perhaps a Tichy underframe and a P2K type 21 3
course tank might be pretty durn close..

On Apr 4, 2008, at 11:43 AM, Richard Hendrickson wrote:
<snip>
Helpful
though the type designations are, AC&F's use of them wasn't always
consistent and is occasionally puzzling.

As for modeling the interim cars by combining a Tichy underframe and
P2K tank, the Tichy underframe would have to be shortened to fit the
tank properly, certainly possible but not exactly a simple matter.

Richard Hendrickson
Richard,

Thanks! I agree about the need to slightly shorten the Tichy underframe - I compared the two at lunch and the tank is just a bit shorter. It might make a fun project and it is something to do with my surplus Tichy underframe from my USG-A conversion, now that Ted has given us the kitbash in a box for the NATX cars <G>.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL