Re: Coal Loaded in Boxcars - The Andrew Kolb coal shed.

Cyril Durrenberger

There are still a few of these ex retail coal sheds around in Minnesota, although not currently being used for coal. In the past two years I have located, photographed and measured former retail coal sheds at Virginia (DM&N/DM&IR), Ironton (NP/Soo Line), Crosby (NP/Soo Line) and Blackduck (on the ex M&I/NP route). All are wood.

Cyril Durrenberger

Charlie Duckworth <trduck@cox.net> wrote:
There was a GN Historical Society Reference sheet published on
this topic in 1989. It was entitled "The Andrew Kolb coal shed". Hope
this helps. The sheet has a scale drawing of the shed, which is
fairly typical of their appearance.

Robert
I'm modeling several feed mills and elevators on my 1954 Mopac layout
and have been looking for a drawing of a coal shed so I could scratch-
build a couple sheds to go with the grain operations - could I trouble
you for a scan of the drawing?

Thanks - Charlie