From: gn3397 <heninger@...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:16:20 -0000
To: <STMFC@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Buyer Beware: InterMountain Milwaukee Road Rib-Side Box
Car

--- In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , Ed Hawkins
<hawk0621@...> wrote:

STMFC Discussion Group,
In case any STMFC members were considering buying any of the new
Milwaukee Road postwar rib-side box cars produced by InterMountain,
you
should be aware that the model is royally screwed up and unfixable.
It is unfortunate that these errors were made, especially as MILW
ribside car photos and plans aren't rare. A review of the test shots of
the GN plywood side boxcar also reveal some egregious deficiencies,
again confusing, because photos of these cars aren't rare. IM is
supposed to be fixing them, but we will see. Makes me wonder what the
covered hopper will look like.

Sincerely,
Robert D. Heninger
Stanley, ND