Army tanks on flats

Richard Townsend

We seem to have some experts on tanks in this group, so I am inspired to ask a question that has been nagging at me for years.? I want to model a late steam era train carrying a group (company? platoon?) of M-47 tanks from their normal base to be embarked for overseas deployment.? So my question is what and how much of what kinds of?equipment should be included?? Like tanks, for instance.? How many?? I read somewhere that a company of tanks is (was) made up of 14 tanks.? True?? What other equipment should be included?? Fuel tankers?? Jeeps?? Ammo trucks?? Spare parts trucks?? Command vehicles of any type?? Other?? These would go on steam era flat cars so I assume the question is in scope.

Also, how likely is it that they would be on Army flat cars, particularly those of the 6-axle type?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon