Re: Troop sleepers as express cars

Michael Aufderheide

Thank you Bruce!

I must have been dozing during that exchange....not unusual for me! Is there an accurate drawing of these cars? I may have an express car to change.

Mike Aufderheide

Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

On May 5, 2008, at 8:24 AM, Mike Aufderheide wrote:
Schuyler,

The December 2001 Model Railroader has drawings of the cars as
built. Because it has the double systems of a passenger car
(gasp!) the layout is complicated. I colorized the diagram for a
kitchen car I converted to a Monon head end car that I will send
you off line.

Mike Aufderheide
Mike,

As I noted when this was published, these drawings ARE NOT CORRECT
for as built troop sleepers and kitchens!!! In addition to implying
that the troop sleeper and kitchen cars were identical underneath
(they were not), the drawing in fact is an earlier Harold Russell
drawing of a NYC express car conversion. Now, for Schuyler's
purposes, that drawing is likely OK, but it is definitely not 100%
accurate for the original cars.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith