Re: Banana xfers

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

So... what is the best color to represent unripe bananas being unloaded
from refrigerator cars? And should the bananas be weathered?

No weathering but some yellow with black stripes as they come off the boat. Those won't make it from Weehawken to Detroit. Most of those that I saw coming off the boat were light green with a tinge of yellow - should be ready to sell when they reach the stores.

The time that I rode a tugboat pulling a banana car float from the ship to the railroad yard, we were free to take the fully ripe banans because they couldn't make it to a stroe in sellable condition.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478