Monon and D&M had some light gray box cars.

From: destron@vcn.bc.ca

The post about the blue NYC boxcars got me to thinking... I know about
those, and about the green EJ&E boxcars, and heard of a black C&O
boxcar... but when were the earliest regular/semi-regular (i.e. more
than
a single experimental car) boxcars painted in something other than some
variant of "boxcar red" for general use, as opposed to
online-only/LCL/express goods service? Were there many such around in
1951?

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

!DSPAM:1291,4831cbf1227563323316961!