Re: Repainting Prototype STMFCs, Three Questions

Walter M. Clark

Walter M. Clark wrote:
As another example, the 1-inch stripes above the reporting mark and
below the car number were an ARA recommendation in February, 1952.
That would be a recommendation to DISCONTINUE the stripes in
February, 1952.
My SP Freight Cars, Vol. 1, DOES say it correctly on page 20;
Mr. Clark edited the actual sentence in haste and thereby garbled it.

Publishers of books on railroad history
Mr. Thompson is too kind with the word "edited." I think "bungled"
would be more appropriate:-( And I typed it with the book open in
front of me just so I wouldn't make a mistake. Just shows how
difficult it is to proof your own work.

Walter M. Clark
Time stopped in November 1941
Pullman, Washington, USA